Tuesday, October 6, 2009

my own simple mornings



I have not had porridge in two weeks. I felt that I was missing out on all of the other lovely breakfast options, had let the hot days of summer, perfect for cold shreddies and cornflakes pass by with a bowl as hot as the weather, and thought that perhaps I should start eating some of those jams (four kinds) I effortedly canned this year. Plus, I found Jennifer.

If you have not already stumbled upon Jennifer Causeys blog Simply Breakfast, do take a look. The site itself is simply photos of her morning meal, her sole comment a description of what it is. It was here, with a picture of goat cheese and honey on toast, that I abandoned porridge...at least until the snow flies.

So my simply breakfast: rice pudding with cinnamon and raisins, a bowl of golden raspberries, tea and milk. Hope you are enjoying your own special start to the day


...


No, its not porridge, its mueslix, with honey roasted plums and greek yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment